Re: [cdt-dev] New build paradigms

Alain> Yes, and probably it will be possible to go further in finding the
Alain> dependencies.  Most C programmers(sic) do not even bother to put
Alain> the includes are to declare the functions before:

That may have been true in the past.  But these days people seem more
careful.  I don't think we need to go out of our way to support bad
habits...

Thomas> And one better than this, several compiler (watcom being one),
Thomas> will actually look at the headers and symbols being used and
Thomas> automatically provide default library linkage for you if you
Thomas> don't override that behaviour.

You have to be careful here, since the required libraries vary from
host to host.

Tom

Back to the top