Re: [cdt-dev] New build paradigms

> I think CDT should support 3 types of builds out of the box:
>
>    1. (The default) A make-less build modeled on the JDT. CDT would know =
> (through preferences) the commands and options needed to compile sources =
> and link objects. Incremental builds would be done on saves.
>    2. Building with Ant, which would leverage all the Ant development =
> work already going on, and
>    3. Building with an external Make tool. Since Make files are not as =
> parseable and rewritable as Ant files they would have to be created by =
> hand, mainly for legacy projects.

When talking about C/C++ projects lots of code are using and still using
Makefile/Make as the builder, I would not call them legacy projects yet 8-).

for (1) Yes, but you still need some sort of persistency.  Whether you use
.classpath for the JDT or Makefiles or some other mechanism(Ant) or
some propriatery (XML ?) format.

Back to the top