Re: [cdt-dev] External Tools Builder

> There is an External Tools Builders option under the properties of a
> project that can be used to add external tools to the build order. I
> presume this is the same as the Run->External Tools option. However, new

It is not, although you could argue about the consistency.

> tools created in one location don't appear/aren't recognized in the
> other.  Is this is jdt, cdt or a platform bug, if even a bug?

One is a Builder implementing the class
 org.eclipse.core.resources.IncrementalProjectBuilder
and it wraps the the ouput of an external command.

But I can see your point.  Probably a Platform behaviour, do not
know the intentions or the future works of the "External Tool" plugin.

Back to the top