Re: [cdt-dev] A few more clarifications

The Debug perspective is shared by JDT and CDT (and any other development
tools with debugging features). All the actions you mentioned are Java
specific and are contributed by JDT. They are useful if you are debugging
Java and C/C++ applications at the same time.
You can remove all this actions from the debugger views by unchecking the
"Java Debug" action group on the 'Preferrence'->'Debug'->'Debug Action
Group' page.

Thanks a lot! I wasnt aware of this feature and it makes life a lot easier. I'm no longer pondering why the Qualified names, static fields and final fields do nothing. However, deselecting Java Debug from the group doesn't take away the Display view. It should right?

There is the 'Disconnect' menu item in context menu.
I'm just wondering, why is it that although Resume, Suspend, Terminate and Disconnect are grouped together in the toolbar and the context menu, the disconnect option is not inlcuded with the former three in the main menu under Run? There are also options like Relaunch, Terminate All, Terminate and Remove, and Copy Stack that are in the context menu but not in the toolbar. Why is this? The last set of options in the Context menu of the Debug view, Show Qualified Names, Show Debugger Console, Disassembly Mode, and Show Full Paths all have corresponding icons but they don't appear in the context menu. Actually, the Show Qualified Names isn't in the toolbar at all and the first time the context menu is accessed, it shows the corresponding icon for it. But if selected, the icon changes to a tick mark and when deselected, it becomes blank (previous icon doesn't appear). There is also a problem with toggling the Disassembly mode using the toolbar and context menu alternately. Turn it on using the toolbar and the corresponding option in the context menu doesn't get selected but the view appears. Toggling the option using the context menu next doesn't affect the selection of the toobar option at all but does change the GDB Debugger window that opened from the foreground to the background.

Finally, there are options in the Debug perspective that get enabled in some context menu's but not in the corresponding main menu options. Like when a breakpoint is selected inthe Breakpoints view, it can be removed from the view's options, but the "Add/Remove Breakpoint" under Run doesn't get enabled. Same thing for the "Run to line" option. They actually never seem to get enabled even in other appropriate locations (Eg: Editor).

Please clarify if I'm expecting unreasonable functionality from any of the above. Otherwise, I realize that that they may not be your problems to deal with but it you could redirect me to exactly who's responsible for this stuff, I can file the appropriate bugs.

Thanks a lot!

Alifiya

Back to the top