Re: [cdt-dev] A few more clarifications

>>>>> "Alain" == Alain Magloire <alain@xxxxxxx> writes:

Alain> - I vaguely remember there is work to make make gdb understand
Alain> macros, maybe by putting more information in the debug format.

Yes.  I believe this code all exists, though I haven't tried it yet.
You need a very new gcc and gdb, and you need to pass gcc `-g3' to
generate the new debug info.

Alain> That reminds me, the Source Navigator used to have a fairly
Alain> good parser can it be reuse?

The truth is that you probably don't want to :-(

First, the S-N C++ parser was never very good.  Second, as I recall,
the S-N parsers in general were basically unmaintainable.  (The story
here is very ugly: they were written by a contractor using a yacc-like
program; then he sent back only the output.  Also the comments were
all in Hungarian.  Yes.)

I can look into this more if you're interested.  It is possible that
some of the parsers are better than others.  Also S-N has been "taken
over" by a group outside Red Hat and now is on SourceForge.  I haven't
looked at this stuff, but it is possible that they've done something
nice with the parsers.

Tom

Back to the top