Re: [cdt-dev] A few more clarifications

> Alain Magloire wrote:
>
> >>There are a few more aspects of the cdt that I can't get to work or else
> >>am using in the wrong way. It'd be great if I could have some light shed
> >>on these as well:
> >>* C Editor context menu:
> >>- Include - enabled but appears to do nothing.
> >>

> >It will work correctly when the new builder is commited.  The C Editor
> >does not know where to look and hardcoding "/usr/include" is probably
> >not the best way.  The code needs to know the include paths.
> >

> So I deduce from yours and David's replies that the option is supposed
> to determine the header a selected function is prototyped in and then
> include that file at the top. I presume this file must be either part of
> the project or one of the reference projects ?
>
> However, this currently won't work until the new builder comes in...right?
> So Is the new builder being committed before this release?

My mistake, I was referring to "open include" action on the outliner context
menu.  Which needs the builder to find the include search paths.

For the CEditor "add include" action, it is done via a contribution
by other plugin that knows enough the platform to return an array of includes.
It will work now if there is a contributor, there is none for GNU/Linux.

Back to the top