RE: [cdt-dev] Should we (the CDT team) have more active participa tion in Eclips e workshops etc.

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Schaefer, Doug wrote:

> Hi Judy,
>
> We need to look seriously at these opportunities to raise the profile =
> of the
> CDT.  OOPSLA and Java One may or may not be the best places for this.
> Certainly the Embedded Systems Conferences would be a good choice.  As
> Rational gets more involved with the CDT and Eclipse, we will certainly =
> be willing to do things like this.

I personally will be at ESC Boston in a couple weeks promoting both Eclipse
and CDT, and have already received a number of different enquiries from
various vendors about integration possibilities.  It is definitely lower
profile that the JDT, but it is slowly gaining momentum.  I think that
having a 1.0 (not API frozen, but working and stable) will help a lot
in this direction.

> BTW, is anyone on the CDT development team going to be at OOPSLA for =
> the BoF?

Not from here just yet AFAIK

Thanks,
 Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher       QNX Software Systems
thomasf@xxxxxxx                 OS Technology Developer
(613)-591-0931                  http://www.qnx.com/

Back to the top