[cdt-dev] Should we (the CDT team) have more active participation in Eclips e workshops etc.

Hi folks,

As you may have noticed Eclipse is getting a lot of exposure at conferences
such as OOPSLA and Java One.
The most recent announcement is a Camp Eclipse being held in Germany in
December.

I would like to see the CDT team take a proactive stance and commit
resources, so that the CDT will have a presence at these events.
Is there any way that we can hear about these Eclipse focused activities in
time to mobilize a team or at least a person to represent the CDT?

It is too late for participation in OOPSLA, but JavaOne is coming up next
summer. I am not sure if we have time to arrange something for the Eclipse
Camp in December.

I am sure that there are other initiatives in the works, and it is a little
difficult to arrange something when we the first we hear about it is when a
notice is published on the Eclipse Website  :(

I would just hate to see us miss out on these great opportunities to
generate more interest in the CDT.

Thoughts comments?

-Judy

Judy N. Green               Software Engineer
QNX Software Systems Ltd.   www.qnx.com