[cdt-dev] New Junit components

Hi all,

we've created a couple of new components that will
hold the JUnit tests for the CDT. The components are as
follows:

org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests
- to be used for the cdt core and cdt UI tests

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui.tests
- to be used for the debugger and launcher test suite.

The first plugin contains some "infrastructure", as well
as some tests that were ported from the JDT. The infrastructure
allows for the creation of test projects, as well as the unpacking
of files inside of them. This is rather useful when creating more
complex tests that need actual projects and source files.

To run the JUnit tests, you will need the JUnit
PDE module (org.eclipse.pde.junit_2.0.0). This can be downloaded from
the JDT project page (go to JDT sub-project->UI->org.eclipse.jdt.junit).

As for the debug.ui.tests, we will start populating these after we
get basic debug functionality.

In any case, if anyone would like to contribute to the CDT but is not
sure where to start, writing a couple of JUnit tests is a great way
to get to know the code and help out the project. Any help in
this area would be greatly appreciated!

Sebastien

Sebastien Marineau
QNX Software Systems