Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Nightly Builds

Hi Joe,

I'm surprised you got as far as you did with the GTK version.    Last time
I tried the GTK Eclipse, I had trouble doing anything with dialogs and
selection events were not working properly.  Maybe  you have GTK2?.  I
can't wait to stop using Motif!

We would actually like to be able to parse K&R properly.  Jeff planned to
look into that - not sure where he's at with it.

If you're using the very latest stuff, you probably won't have much luck
with the debugger as the Eclipse debug launcher framework has just
undergone extensive changes.  The old framework used "Launchers" and now
the new one uses "Launch configurations".   We've really just started
looking at getting that stuff in place, so I imagine it will be a few days
before that's working properly.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Linux AD, CDT Development
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D2/ 329/8200/TOR
____________________________________

                    Joe deBlaquiere
                    <jadb@xxxxxxxxx       To:     cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    m>                    cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Nightly Builds
                    cdt-dev-admin@e
                    clipse.org

                    04/02/2002
                    11:57 AM
                    Please respond
                    to cdt-dev

I'm working from the GTK version (can't tolerate the ugliness of Motif).
  So far it seems to be working quite well. Built generally nicely (some
complaints about deprecated APIs). Lauched fine (last night's cpp.ui
wouldn't load). Can create hello world, can import a project from CVS
and set it's mode to C/C++.

I know I'm going in twenty directions at once, but is there a standard
test process / test suite?

I did notice that it doesn't want to parse objects from old K&R code
(and neither do I!). I'm using ttcp.c as one of my test programs (from
the ttcp SRPM). I'll go poke in Bugzilla and see if it's already noted...

I'm also somewhat confused on how to kick off the debugger. When I click
the bug icon, it brings up the "Select Launcher" dialog. Everyhting in
there looks like Java stuff. Perhaps you could point me in the right
direction...

and under 'properties', what's the difference between "Launch
Configuration" and "Launcher"...

turnham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The code in CVS now compiles and runs for the 20020321 Stable Eclipse
> Driver.  I've tested this only with the Motif driver.  I'll be trying the
> GTK and Windows drivers out shortly.

Joe deBlaquiere
Senior Architect, Embedded Linux
Red Hat, Inc.