[cdt-debug-dev] new thread kills eclipse

My Linux based embedded C application was a single process with no threads and it ran fine within Eclipse using DSF-GDB.

However I needed to create a new thread in my application running on my remote target that did a bit of work on the side, which I implemented.

But now, whenever I launch the application in Eclipse, I can step through the main parent thread without any problem, until I get to the point where I create a new thread. At that point, once the new thread is created, everything stops working, and the only thread that's running gets suspended. I can't even examine the return code from the call to pthread_create()!

I tried setting a breakpoint in the new thread but it never makes it to the breakpoint, ending with the same result described above.

This only happens whenever I create a thread and run the app using DSF-GDB in Eclipse. Other than that, the application runs fine stand-alone (without Eclipse) with the new thread.

Attached is a file containing a snapshot of the Eclipse debugger.

Seems to be something to do with a thread/debugger/eclipse interaction. (really narrows it down, huh? :-)

What am I missing? I'd appreciate any help if you can.

/carl h.