[cdt-debug-dev] Eclipse/GDB integration

I'm trying to get GDB going on an embedded project within Eclipse without a jtag device. I thought it would be an easy task but it's turning out to be a nightmare. There's no info on the net about GDB/Eclipse integrations related to remote target debugging without JTAG. It's all related to native application debugging, or 3rd party remote debugging through JTAG. Help is crap in Eclipse. It seemed easy enough with only 2 fields to enter in Eclipse for the debugger location and the .gdbinit file location. But Eclipse lights up like the Las Vegas strip when I invoke the debugger for a simple "HelloWorld" embedded app. I've frigged around with various settings with no luck.

My platform is Linux/Eclipse/CDT.

Someone mentioned I need a cross enabled CDT - Zylin?? Do I need this plugin?

Are there any other plugins required?

What should go into .gdbinit?

Can someone point me to some resource that could help me?

Carl Heyendal

Senior Embedded S/W Designer

Stanley Healthcare Solutions
309 Legget Drive
Ottawa, ON K2K 3A3
Canada

Tel: 613-592-6997 ext. 265
Fax: 613 592-4296
cheyendal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.stanleyhealthcare.com

This e-mail, including any attached files, is intended only for the person to whom or the entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Back to the top