[cdt-debug-dev] Memory watch points are extremely unreliable

Hello,

I am using Eclipse Ganymede with CDT 5.0. I am trying to set a memory watch point, I am able to set the watch point correctly. I could verify the same in the breakpoints window. But, even if the data in the specified memory gets modified the watch point never gets hit.

I am using Mandrivia Linux, GDB 6.8. I tried the same with Eclipse Galileo release but no luck. Can someone help me out? Watch points have dependency on HW and if at all CDT is not able to set watch points correctly, I think at least it should reflect the same in the GUI that the watch point is disabled (Like the case a breakpoint is marked with a tick if it could be resolved and can be hit).

Regards,
Subhransu

Back to the top