Re: [Fwd: Re: [cdt-debug-dev] pending breakpoint support with gdb6.8]

Marc Khouzam wrote:
Hi Pawel,

I can't find cdt-debug-dev on eclipse.org/mail.
How can I sign up for it?  Are there other mailing lists I should subscribe to for CDT?  I only have cdt-dev right now.

We don't currently support pending bp but as you say, it seems that if we add the -f all the time to -break-insert it would work.
I'm just wondering if we want to give the user control of choosing if the breakpoint should automatically be pending or not.
For instance, if the user sets a breakpoint in a wrong file, GDB would return an error.  With pending breakpoints always
enabled, the user would not realize the file was wrong...

Involving the user sounds much more complicated though, as it involves some UI stuff.  So maybe the down side of having
pending bp by default is not as bad is the upside?
I think we can try to just add the -f, but the down side could be that every breakpoint will appear as installed, even if the source for it is not found.  To give better feedback I agree that we would need to think about how to represent more breakpoint status breakpoints in the UI.

Cheers,
Pawel

Marc