[cdt-debug-dev] One-Frame Stack Crawl Mode

I've added the capability in our commercial product to quickly toggle in and out of a mode that limits CDT/CDI stack crawls to one frame. The limit is not simply an optimization at the GUI (Debug view) level. The CDI backend is asked for only one frame, which (in theory) means the debugger engine only needs to retrieve one frame from the target. When debugging a slow target that is in deeply nested code, this mode can be used to reduce the overhead of stepping (reduce the amount of interaction with the target on every step.)

If there is any interest out there for this feature, I will contribute it to CDT 6.0.

John

Back to the top