Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Current working directory for GDB

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 20:03:17 Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> > On Friday 04 July 2008 20:50:29 Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> >> I'd like to specify the current working directory for the GDB
> >> process.
> >>
> >> Some implementations of GDB have ... features.... that requires
> >> the process to be started in the same working directory as the
> >> the project to ease things along.  Adding a "--cd" option to
> >> GDB isn't sufficient.
> >
> > Can you clarify which GDB issues you have in mind? Did you report them,
> > say to gdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list?
>
> I don't know the details. TI has apparently added some incestious connection
> inside GDB w/their hardware debugger that screws things up unless
> pwd is set just right...

Then, I would suggest not to change CDT unless the exact nature of this problem
is understood. CDT's attempt to accommodate quirks of ancient GDB versions already
has some bad consequences and accommodating versions that are not publically available
will make the code fragile. Since GDB is GPL, you should have access to the source code,
and I suspect fixing whatever error in GDB will be easier than doing same in CDT,
and more to the point.

- Volodya

Back to the top