[cdt-debug-dev] Single stepping until exit from function _dl_debug_state...

Hello, I am having problems setting breakpoints or single stepping over some linux function calls. I am able to debug as long as I don't set any breakpoints or try to single step over some linux function calls. This is the output in the console window I see when I try to debug my program: Stopped due to shared library event [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled] [New Thread -1209764176 (LWP 27866)] Stopped due to shared library event [Switching to Thread -1209764176 (LWP 27866)] Stopped due to shared library event I can still debug, however as long as I don't try to break on or single step over certain function calls. Here is what happens if I try to step over (not into) getservbyname system call, things go very bad: Warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 0. Error accessing memory address 0x1: Input/output error. Single stepping until exit from function _dl_debug_state, which has no line number information. No symbol "protocol" in current context. I searched through this forum and on the web but found nothing that seemed to match my problem. Here is my system information: OS: ubuntu 7.10 running on VMware Workstation 6.0.2 build-59824 Eclipse: Version: 3.3.1.1 Build id: M20071023-1652 CDT SDK 4.0.0 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Iztok

Sent from the Eclipse CDT - debug mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Back to the top