[cdt-debug-dev] enable binary parsers without C/C++ MakeProjectNature enabled?

Hello,

I am the project lead for the GNATbench plug-in for Eclipse, a plug-in similar in flavor to the CDT but for GNU Ada 95 and Ada 2005 (ie, GNAT).

We have our users install the CDT for the sake of the debugger interface but we would like to avoid setting the required natures when creating projects because doing so adds interfaces that may confuse users.

Specifically, we currently include the following when configuring our Ada projects:

	CProjectNature.addCNature(...);
	MakeProjectNature.addNature(...);
	ScannerConfigNature.addScannerConfigNature(...);

Without these natures, users cannot configure the binary parser to recognize our executables when creating a new debug configuration and so no configuration can be created.

I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for how we can work around this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Pat Rogers

--
Patrick Rogers, PhD