Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Re: Gdb suspend on Cygwin

On Monday 22 January 2007 18:14, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> > Suspend does not work with Eclipse and gdb 6.4. I've search bugs and
> > lists and found a few references to the problem:
> >
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-03/msg00470.html
> > http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-debug-dev/msg01614.html
> >
> > However, I find no indication that this issue has been resolved or that
> > there is a workaround. Should I report this as a bug?
>
> We're seing the same problem, (with the
> http://www.zylin.com/embeddecdt.html plugin). This was introduced ca.
> at the time when 3.1 was released. For now I've been using "halt"
> commands in the JTAG debugger for ARM, so I've had a workaround.
Ok, I guess we need to implement something simiar. Thanks for the tip.

> I have been considering trying to fix the problem, but it hasn't
> bubbled up to the top  of my list yet.
Just wondering. How do Windows users cope? I've been googling extensively
trying to find a "clean" way of fixing this issue, but it does not seem to be
a problem for most.
--
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim
Senior Design Engineer