RE: [cdt-debug-dev] Gdbserver connection problem -- Reply contain s invalid hex digit 59

I’ve seen that before. I usually means that your gdb is having protocol issues with your gdbserver. Definitely outside the scope of the CDT.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member

From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bulent Egrilmez
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:21 PM
To: cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] Gdbserver connection problem -- Reply contains invalid hex digit 59

Hi ,

I am having problem to use CDS over a STB target which has a MIPS32 core

I receive this message

Couldn't establish connection to remote target

Reply contains invalid hex digit 59

whilst I receive the following message on the target

# gdbserver host:6789 --attach 51
Attached; pid = 51
Listening on port 6789

Remote debugging from host 10.178.6.253
readchar: Got EOF
Remote side has terminated connection.  GDBserver will reopen the connection.
Listening on port 6789

any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Regards,