From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brent Washburne
Sent: 19 October 2006 22:33
To: cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] Address from CLocalVariable

Hello,
    I recently upgraded to Eclipse 3.2.1 and CDT 3.1.1, and encountered a problem.  There used to be an easy way to get the address of a C variable: (BinaryVariable) variable.getAddress().  Now I'm having to work with a (CLocalVariable) and there's no way to get the StackFrame.getAddr(), is there?
    This situation came about when the variables used to be listed under the Modules View, and a popupMenu IViewActionDelegate received a list of BinaryVariable and BinaryFunction elements.  Now the variables are listed under the Variables View (thank you!) but the action receives a list of CLocalVariables.  I can get the variable.getName(), but have found no way to get the address.  Help, please!

Brent Washburne
Sr. Software Engineer
First Silicon Solutions (FS2), a division of MIPS Technologies, Inc.
4000 SW Kruse Way Place
Bldg 3, Suite 210
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Phone: (503) 489-0311
Fax: (503) 489-0315
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email message, which includes any attachments, may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender by reply email and permanently destroy the original and any copies of this message. Thank you.

--

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.

Back to the top