Re: [cdt-debug-dev] multi-threaded programs and GDB interface

Hi Denis,
I'm working on an alternative implementation of a GDB-based debugger in Eclipse, and I do have a comment for the -thread-info command you are considering.

I would expect that:
- the command would return information only of the currently selected thread,
- the OS name and OS ID would be the main pieces of information,
- stack information was NOT included, since it's expensive, and -stack-list-frames is used for the purpose - for kernel debuggers, it would be good if it returned whether the thread is interruptible or not.

Thanks
Pawel

Denis PILAT wrote:
About multi-threaded programs:

Current Eclipse still uses the CLI "info threads" command whereas MI -thread-list_ids
is implemented in GDB for a while.
Is there any plan to use this MI command within org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core plugin ?

I've planned to implement in GDB the non-implemented one
-thread-list-all-threads and -thread-info in order to use them in our Eclipse. I can do that the way I think it must be done, modifing Eclipse Accordingly, but it would be preferable to understand if one day Eclipse is going to use
them and what do you expect from such commands ?

A thread is already active on the gdb mailing list about that:
(http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2006-09/msg00115.html)

Waiting for your feedback
Denis PILAT / STMicroelectronics / France