From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Blackburn
Sent: 12 September 2006 18:17
To: cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] Multicore debugging

Hi all,

I'm trying to get multicore debugging working using multiple GDB/MI
instances under a single Launch Configuration.  Effectively  how I
imagine the multicore screenshot on
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/dd/development/plan.php is implemented.

I have a customised launch configuration page (based off of Zylin) but
so far can't quite get my head around the Session set up.  From what I
can tell I effectively want a single Session to which I add multiple
MISessions (as is done for a single instance in the Session
Constructor).  At that point getTargets will return an array with more
than one item.

To do this, it looks like I need to override the behaviour of
AbstractGDBCDIDebugger.createGDBSession() (to create multiple MI
sessions) and MIPlugin.getDefault().createSession() to return a
MISession rather than a Session.  Is this the correct way to go about
doing this?

I have googled for more info how the debug launch configuration works,
but only seen comments on doing multicore debugging using a separate
Launch for each core.  If anyone could point me in the right direction,
I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks,

James

-- The 2006 ARM Developers' Conference, October 3-5, Santa Clara, US
Join ARM and its technology and tools Partners from around the world at the only industry event for developers of ARM Powered(R) solutions.
http://www.arm.com/developersconference/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.