From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Øyvind Harboe
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:57 AM
To: cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] Zylin Embedded CDT plugin, which CDT branch to use?

I have in the past been using a modified version of CDT CVS HEAD as I
wanted to get GDB patches/fixes in CDT GDB as early as possible. For
those that only use CDT as a debugger, the instability in CDT CVS HEAD
has not been too disruptive.

However, now I'm not so sure what to do:

- Use CDT 3.1 branch. Stable, but will CDT GDB fixes be applied here?
- Use CDT CVS HEAD. Unstable, but CDT GDB fixes might be more readily
applied here.

By observation, the number of CDT GDB changes these days are
relatively small, so perhaps I should use CDT 3.1 branch in
anticipation of some change in the situation w.r.t. more manhours
being devoted to CDT GDB support. (My patches have been submitted to
Eclipse, they have been assigned to a developer and I'm waiting for
comments/feedback).

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com