Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: [cdt-debug-dev] C/C++ Attach to Local App - launch

Mikhail,

Indeed. My assessment was a bit shortsighted. On Windows, you can determine the executable file from the process; the OS gives you this information. In an embedded environment, this is not necessarily going to be true or useful (the path an RTOS would give you is a path to a file on the target, whereas you want the path to the file on your development system). So, OK, I think we can then say that you may or may not need to specify a path to an image file when attaching to a process. As such, the setting should be optional. Desktop users wouldn't use it; embedded users probably would. Right now, there's no choice, unless leaving the field blank is a handled scenario.

I'm a little lost on your second point. If you have the path to the image, what else do you need? Are you saying a CDT project is indeed needed?

John