To: "CDT Debug developers list" <cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [cdt-debug-dev] ICDISourceManagement getInstructions and getMixedInstructions

Dear All,

I am developping a plug-in for Disassembly View with following features:
   - Switch to display disassembly without interleaved C.
   - Go directly to a specific address in the assembly code. Address
may be a number (hexadecimal, decimal, or octal) or a symbol name.
   - Retrieve the disassembly at the current program counter.
   - Sliding by next/prev page.

I intend to retrofit this plugin to the community if someone is
interested and if it is possible. An alpha version is available
(Eclipse3.1, CDT 3.0.0).

To develop this plug-in, I modified some CDT source files. In
particular, I need the following methods in ICDISourceManagement class
(needed for "goto symbol name"):
   ICDIInstruction[] getInstructions(String startAddress, String
endAddress)
   ICDIInstruction[] getMixedInstructions(String startAddress, String
endAddress)

Is it possible to add these methods in CDT ? How to ask for other CDT
sources modifications ?
How to retrofit my modified sources to the community ?
Is it possible to be implied in the development of this feature for CDT
3.1 ?

Regards,
   Jerome Correnoz
   STMicroelectronics

Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:

We haven't done the 3.1 planning yet. We want to get the feedback from
the CDT conference.
There are Bugzilla requests for the features you mentioned and we will
consider them for 3.1.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexiev, Dobrin"
<mailto:dalexiev@xxxxxx> <dalexiev@xxxxxx>