Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Adding a new compiler

You should post this message to the "cdt-dev" list. The "cdt-debug-dev" list is intended for debugger-related questions. I'm not sure that the managed build folks read it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hugh O'Keeffe" <hugh.okeeffe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'CDT Debug developers list'" <cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:45 AM
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] Adding a new compiler

Hi CDT Developers,

I'm an Eclipse end user for some time and am now venturing into
developing
plugins. I want to add support for a new GNU tool. It's slightly
different
from the already supported CDT  GNU tools e.g. the
compiler/linker/assembler
have different executable names and different user settable switches
(which
I want to allow the user to select graphically).

I'm currently studying the existing plug-in
("org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui_3.0.0") to determine how to do
this.

Any hints/tips would be appreciated. E.g. should I copy the above to
create
a new plugin or is it possible to use the plugin as is with some
"extension
points" to override/change settings for my new tool ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugh,,