RE: [cdt-debug-dev] special breakpoint and event

--- Thomas Fletcher <ThomasF@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> What are you working on?  I can see an immediate use
> for this in providing
> a "scope" type of feature on a debugger variable,
> you want to grab the value
> but you don't want the user to think that the
> program has actually stopped.

I am working on a research project about sonified
debugging. what I am doing is trying to get sound
involved in debuging. Those special breakpoints have
info of sound. when the special breakpoint is hit,
sound will be played based on the variable value and
program structure. but I don't want CDT debug views
get updated for the special breakpoint. Then the
program resumes automatically until it hits regular
breakpoint.

I donot want to modify the CDT code, so I am wondering
wether I can create a sepearte plugin based on current
implementation of CDT.

So may someone point out the classes I should use or
extend and what is the easiest way to implement the
thing I want.

Thanks a lot and hope get some advice from you guys!!!

Bob