[cdt-debug-dev] Using CDT as avr-gdb frontent for AVR target platforms

Hello,

having had a closer look at a couple of free IDEs, I have been rapidly convinced of your Eclipse CDT-Project. Good work.

I am presently encountering a couple of problems while trying to use CDT not only as IDE for generating my avr-elf executable but also as gdb front end accessing the hardware emulator.

So far I succeeded in using CDT as IDE and GDB front-end for SW development on my Cygwin-Windows box. With the help of the good integrated tutorial it was an easy task.

It also was about no work to set up a CDT project for generating the elf-executable for my target hardware (AVR).

Up to now, however, I did not succeed in telling CDT to use the existing target system avr-gdb for debugging.

More specifically I would like to ask the following questions:

1.) First thing: Is this the rigtht forum to ask questions about integration of GDB into the CDT environment? Or in case that I am wrong, who might be able to give me a bit of help?

2.) Is there kind of tutorial or readme describing how to integrate an existing target system gdb into the CDT front end?

3.) Is an existing command-line based gdb sufficient for being integrated into CDT or is there anything particular required (MI-Interface ???) in order to make gdb available.

4.) Does anybody now of somebody who has tried (or better: succeeded) to use CDT for AVR targets?

Yours,

Björn Haase

Zeigen Sie Emotionen mit der WEB.DE Bild-SMS! Das Bild ist gratis,
Sie bezahlen nur den Versand. http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021196

Back to the top