Re: [cdt-debug-dev] command line debug access?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Macchia, Susan" <susan.macchia@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 1:41 PM
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] command line debug access?

>Is it possible to display a command input window and issue normal gdb
commands?

>Power users very often want this capability.

There is the "Show Debugger Console" option in the toolbar and the context
menu of the Debug view. When  this option is set the console acts as a gdb
console. It doesn't display the gdb prompt but it accepts most of the
commands.

>Also, is there a capability to set breakpoints that are conditional and/or
execute user specified commands when the target >stops execution?  I haven't
seen any UI to do this (but if there is a command line interface, then that
would satisfy...)

Right click on the breakpoint marker or on the breakpoint entry in the
Breakpoints view and select the "Breakpoint Properties" options. This option
aloows you set the condition and/or ignore count of the breakpoint.
The current version doesn't support the user specified commands associated
with breakpoints.

>TIA

Susan Macchia                              Intel Corporation
Enterprise Platforms Group             MS SPT1
Software Products Division              110 Spitbrook Road
NSL IDB Team Lead                       Nashua, NH 03062
mailto:Susan.Macchia@xxxxxxxxx    voice: (603) 886-7662