Re: [cdt-debug-dev] CDT 2.0M6 ARM embedded debugging blues

> I just updated to 2.0M6 and I can't figure out how to get the debugger
> going for my ARM embedded app.
>
> What used to work was the "GDB server", a modification to plugin.xml as
> below and my own gdbinit cocktail.
>
> http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-debug-dev/msg00398.html
>
> However, all I get now is an error message "No debugger available" and
> an empty dropdown list(where I would choose GDB server), so I can't
> select GDB server.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I don't want to downgrade
> CDT or switch to Insight.

8-)

We have some stuff to do with CDT/Debug  to get it to work nicely on Eclipse-3.0.
Things have change in the Launch/Debug API in 3.0.

Since we really want to satisfy one of our best customer(Oyvind 8-) of CDT/Debug,
we are looking at ways to get that ARM/"GDB server" work nicely for CDT-2.x(base
on your feedbacks).  But first we are playing catchup with the changing Eclipse-3.0 Mxx

File a PR and  ping again(next week) when the Eclipse-3.x dust settles.

Later.

Back to the top