Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Thread names in CDT debug view?

> So, if the GDB MI command "-thread-list-ids" is enhanced to provide thread names and current
> thread in a future GDB 6.x release and a future CDT release would provide support for this
> feature the problem will be solved in an elegant way. This is very good!

Yes.

>From CDT-1.0 --> CDT-1.{1,2}.x, we have drop MI level 0 ("mi0") i.e. gdb-5.2 and below.
This allow us to clean up a lot of code.

I expect when we move to "mi2" and drop "mi1", the same will be true.

> In the meantime, I guess I have to temporarily hack the org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core plugin to
> extract the thread names from the GDB CLI command "info threads" as I described in
> http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-debug-dev/msg00467.html.

Until we move to "mi2", we will probably keep on using "info threads" instead of -thread-list-ids.
I read your proposals, good.
- make a PR, for "info threads"
- send your patch of MIInfoThreads to the cdt-patch

surely we can get something in the head.

Back to the top