Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Using Eclipse for remote debugging

Alain Magloire wrote:

> > I'm using sparc-elf-gdb 5.3
> >

> Are you using the correct debugger?
> Look at the debugger tab in the launch.
>
> I've seen this on windows, when trying
>
> -gdb-set auto-solib-add on
> or
> -gdb-set auto-solib-add off
>
> gdb fails with something like:
>         no symbol/context for "auto"
>
> This seems to happen on Windows platform where gdb is compile
> or came from Cygwin and does not support any shared library commands, like
> auto-solib-add etc ..  but in the DebuggerTab, the "CygwinDebugger"
> was not selected, but rather the default "GDBDebugger" was on.
>
> Note:
> Another solution for the future, might be not to throw the exception
> when the command:
>         -gdb-set auto-solib-add on
> fails on initialization and let it debug session continue.

Maybe I've posed the wrong question.
I'm now running sparc-elf-gdb connected via the extended-remote protocol to
my
personal debug-server (located on the same host machine). The debug server is
connected via a serial cable to a hardware debug unit that I've on a remote
sparc processor. On top of that I usually I run ddd.

My question is : can Eclipse take the control over gdb like ddd does?

PS:
    in the DebuggerTab I've only GDB as option.

Sorry for the stupid questions but I'm new on Eclipse and GSB interfaces.

Best regards joel

Back to the top