Re: [cdt-debug-dev] About working with memory in debugger

Thomas Fletcher writes:
 > On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Igor S Zamjatin wrote:
 >
 > >   Hi all!
 > >
 > > At first I want to say that all CDT Developers do a great job and want to
 > > thank them a lot.
 > >
 > > I want to ask when approximately we can expect some version of Memory
 > > View. May be prior variant is in CVS Repository already?
 >
 > It is already in CVS and if you look at the history on this list it
 > is undergoing development right now!
 >
 > > And another question is will it possible to change memory from Eclipse-CDT
 > > and how it will be connected with GDB/MI protocol? As I can see there is
 > > no any command that change memory. Some -var* commands do similar actions
 > > but I'm not shure that it is possible to write something directly by
 > > memory address using that commands.
 >
 > I haven't looked at the code for the Memory View specifically
 > but you can always do a manual set of a random memory address
 > to a value if I remember correctly.  Something along the lines
 > of:
 >  set *(int*)(0x8034565) = 12
 > should work (I'm certain I've used this in the past though the syntax
 > looks a little gunky).

You should use the memory commands:
mi_cmd_data_write_memory
mi_cmd_data_read_memory

they are in mi-main.c (which admittedly is not the right place).  They
haven't been extensively tested. As you find bugs/problems you can
report them on gdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and enter bugs in the gdb PR
database at:
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/bugs/
there is an MI category for the bugs.