Re: [cdt-debug-dev] About working with memory in debugger

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Igor S Zamjatin wrote:

> I'm really sorry but I can't find any mentions about that "undocumented
> commands".
>
> Could you please post here some information about that commands or about
> where can I find it

Igor,

  Not exactly sure what you mean you can't find any mention
of undocumented commands, but what I was saying about gdb last
time I just verified.  You can set any memory address by:

(gdb) c
Continuing.
Breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0x8047af4) at /home/thomasf/cvs/utils/f/fdisk/fdisk.c:213
warning: Source file is more recent than executable.
213             disk = NULL;
(gdb) p argc
$1 = 1
(gdb) p &argc
$2 = (int *) 0x8047adc
(gdb) set *(int *)0x8047adc = 12
(gdb) p argc
$3 = 12
(gdb)

so all you need to do is construct the right address to pass
to the memory "set" MI command.

As far as the work in the IDE with respect to the memory view,
you just need to look at the checkins that Mikhail Khodjaiants
has been making.  Specificially the Java code is at:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/debug/internal/ui/views/memory/?cvsroot=Tools_Project

Does this help in any way?

Thanks,
 Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher       QNX Software Systems
thomasf@xxxxxxx                 OS Technology Developer
(613)-591-0931                  http://www.qnx.com/

Back to the top