RE: [cdt-debug-dev] Remote debugging

> > The initial patch would be pretty slim:  add public methods to the =
> > ICDISession
> > and ICDITarget interfaces to support establishing a remote connection =
> > with the
> > debug server, add a method to the CDebugModel for creating a new remote
> > debug target, and add a few MI command classes.
>
> Why would you do it a this level?  At first glance without too much
> thinking, I would extend the Launcher (core, attach etc ..) for
> one more "remote" and create a new ICDISession.
>
> ICDISession createRemoteSession(..., String hostname, long port) {
> 	MICommand cmd = new MITargetSelect(..);
> 	MICommand cmd = new MITargetUpload(..);
> 	retunr cdiSession;
> }
>
> See the mi.core plugin, mi/core/GDBDebugger.java

Taking a look at it, you're right.  My original design was to
implement this without touching core CDT code; if I'm going to
be submitting a patch, well, then that limitation pretty much
goes out the window and things become a little clearer :-)

I'll see about putting together a patch that works this way
early next week.

-Samrobb

Back to the top