Re: [cdt-debug-dev] MI questions

> > -data-evaluate-expression printf("hello world")
> > ^error,msg="mi_cmd_data_evaluate_expression: Usage: -data-evaluate-expression expression"
> >
> > We've exchange about this in another thread.
>
> Sigh. It looks like spaces need to be escaped ("hello\ world").

Ok, I can live with this, is there a list of characters that needs to be
quoted, I can see: space, double quotes, semicolon ..

> > Are you refering to the -data-list-registers-xxxx commands or
> > to using the use of registers as variable objects?
> > The use of registers as variable object made things more easier
> > especially when dealing with complex registers like xmm[0-7]
> > But we are reverting to -data-list-register-xx see other post.
>
> In Insight, we use -data-list-registers-xxxx-like commands exclusively. We
> do not use varobj for this.

Ok, the changes were made in cdt to use -data-list-registers-xxxx-like
commands for registers.

Which brought forward this issue, the "--" separator, some commands
will not accept and generate errors, althought the MI semantics say it
is allowed
`MI-COMMAND ==>'
     `[ TOKEN ] "-" OPERATION ( " " OPTION )* `[' " --" `]' ( " " PARAMETER )* NL'

Filed a PR, not sure if it is a bug.

Back to the top