Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Questions to be posted to GDB Mailing List regarding MI - comments?

Samantha writes:
>    -cli-command <COMMAND>
> Entering this command tells the MI interpreter that this is
> really a CLI command and CLI output is expected from this command.

I think it works marginally better the other way around, so
     <cli command>   produces CLI output, and
     -cli-command <cli command>   suppresses CLI output
because it means you don't need to prefix what the user types with "
-cli-command".
I suspect it is better with sourced files and user-defined commands, none
of which
will have -cli-command in them.

So, to recap, the objectives are
     let users interact with CLI
     let GUI use MI
     let GUI also use CLI where MI is incomplete, but in this case we don't
want CLI output
     add MI events so GUI can keep current, even after CLI commands from
console or scripts

where we currently accomplish the last objective by re-querying the state
of everything after
any console activity.

Brian Thomson

Back to the top