[cdt-debug-dev] Re: GdbPicl Changes for AIX

Hi Linda,

I also want to capture this info in the mailing list.

I have incorporated your changes into my R2 working copy.
I tested it on Linux and everything seems to be fine.
I have made a few changes to your code.  I just want to let you know
and make usre that you are ok with it before I check it in:

   For updateMainSegment, I have commented out your check for AIX platform.
   I think it's better that we update addresses for main module for all
   platforms.
   For ModuleSegment, I have made start and end addresses private and
   created
   getter and setting functions for them.  I think it's better that we hide
   those variables
   and control them via functions.
   Also, for updateMainSegment function, I think we need call this function
   for attach process
   functionality too.  Attach is another way of starting a debug session,
   so I think we need
   to call this function like we do in runToMain.  I haven't put this call
   in because I still cannot
   test it as the launcher is currently broken for me.  I will check it out
   as soon as I got
   a fix for the launcher.

Thanks,

Samantha Chan