Re: [cbi-dev] A mirror seems erroneous

Thanks for this; I think we'll pull this mirror. We've had issues with them in the past and all attempts at contacting them have failed.

Denis

On 07/06/2017 05:33 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
Hi all,

I almost often see this error for a Tycho build in TravisCI:

```
[INFO] Unpacking org.eclipse.equinox.preferences_3.7.0.v20170126-2132...

[ERROR] All attempts to read artifact packed: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.equinox.registry,3.7.0.v20170222-1344 failed:

[ERROR] An error occurred while transferring artifact packed: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.equinox.registry,3.7.0.v20170222-1344 from repository http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.7:

[ERROR] Retry another mirror:

[ERROR] Unable to connect to repository http://mirror.cc.vt.edu/pub/eclipse/eclipse/updates/4.7/R-4.7-201706120950/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.7.0.v20170222-1344.jar.pack.gz

[ERROR] An error occurred while transferring artifact packed: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.equinox.registry,3.7.0.v20170222-1344 from repository http://download.eclipse.org/releases/oxygen:

[ERROR] Retry another mirror:

[ERROR] Unable to connect to repository http://mirror.cc.vt.edu/pub/eclipse/releases/oxygen/201706281000/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.7.0.v20170222-1344.jar.pack.gz

[ERROR] Internal error: org.eclipse.tycho.repository.local.MirroringArtifactProvider$MirroringFailedException: Could not mirror artifact osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.equinox.registry,3.7.0.v20170222-1344 into the local Maven repository.See log output for details. Network is unreachable (connect failed) -> [Help 1]
```

It happens with different artifacts, but always with the same mirror. What would be the procedure to verify that the mirror is culprit? And to get rid of it if it's insufficient quality?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community