[cbi-dev] Ideas for CBI git repositories

Dear CBI committers,

After the refactoring of the maven plugins and the implementation of signing services as embedded Jetty servers I made, I end up with some dependencies between the webservices to the "common" module of the eclispe.cbi.maven.plugins repo. As such, I would like to create a "common" git repo that will host a shared parent pom for signing services and maven plugins and also host the "common" module. This way, we will be able to easily publish new version of the common utilities.

Then, for consistencies concerns, I would like to rename the "signing-service.git" repo to "org.eclipse.cbi.webservices.git" as it now hosts DMG packaging service and as such more general that just "signing".

Another solution would be to merge the two repos to a "org.eclipse.cbi.git" with two submodules: "maven-plugins" and "webservices". This solution would even more simplify management of dependencies and deployment.

Denis, Alexander, as project leads, would you agree with that? Other committers, any opinion?

Thanks
Mikael

PS: of course, I won't change the coordinates of the maven plugins so these changes won't break anyone but the committers who would need to clone new repos.

Back to the top