Re: [cbi-dev] Mark a build as failed when the compile failed

On 02/09/2015 11:20 PM, Samuel Wu wrote:

Hi Mickael,
I understand we are going to address all test problems eventually. Is there way to let the build run, however, before the test problems are fixed. It looks that maven.test.error.ignore=true and maven.test.failure.ignore=true doesn't work. Are there other switches which can help?

There are 2 kinds of test problems: those that are inside tests (errors or failures), and those that are in the build configuration (preventing bundle to start for example). The 1st ones are ignored with maven.test.(error|failure).ignore, the second are not ignored, unless you skip test execution, as David advised.
I suggest you to have 2 builds: one which would skip tests, setting -DskipTests=true in the Maven execution, and the other one running tests, which would be red until it's working better. With that approach, you get a good build feedback on one side, and the status of test execution on the other side; making it easier to work on both tasks separately until tests are working.
And I would also suggest you to avoid setting skipTests or maven.test.skip to true in the pom.xml files, and prefer documenting the usage of -DskipTests for those who actually want to skip them. Having tests enabled by default, even if they are failing, gives more importance to having/keeping tests working.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat