Re: [cbi-dev] Building a subset of platform based on a patch?

Hi Markus,

> Great, thanks, Andreas!
> I think combine.children="append" is exactly what I was looking for. I
> didn't know that it exists but that solves my problem.

yes, it's one off the more obscure (and obscurely named) features of the
POM. (Search <https://maven.apache.org/pom.html> for "combine.children"
and "combine.self" for more info.)

BTW, another nice trick is profile activation based on the user's OS:

>                 <profile>
>                         <id>win32-environment</id>
>                         <activation>
>                                 <os>
>                                         <family>windows</family>
>                                 </os>
>                         </activation>

and

>                 <profile>
>                         <id>linux-environment</id>
>                         <activation>
>                                 <os>
>                                         <!-- <family> is "unix", hence the use of <name> -->
>                                         <name>linux</name>
>                                 </os>
>                         </activation>

That way, "mvn clean install" does the right thing in most
circumstances: Build a testable package for the current platform.

The alternative, by the way is using an <activation> of
<activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault> in *all* platform-profiles; that
would always build for all platforms unless the user specifies one or
more *-environment profiles.

Hope that helps.

Andreas

--