Re: [cbi-dev] Building a subset of platform based on a patch?

Hi Markus,

> One reason is that I'm facing a similar problem in EPP  [1] (okay, only
> 5 to 6 platforms). I was thinking about defining this within profiles,
> but the way it needs to be specified I couldn't see a possibility to
> specify this with profiles. Any other suggestions?
>
> [1]
> http://git.eclipse.org/c/epp/org.eclipse.epp.packages.git/tree/releng/org.eclipse.epp.config/parent/pom.xml#n90

not sure if I understand you correctly, but if you think its a problem
that multiple profiles can't set the same <environments> element, then
there exists a solution:

For our parent POM:
>                 <profile>
>                         <id>win32-environment</id>
>                         <build>
>                                 <pluginManagement>
>                                         <plugins>
>                                                 <plugin>
>                                                         <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
>                                                         <artifactId>target-platform-configuration</artifactId>
>                                                         <configuration>
>                                                                 <environments combine.children="append">
>                                                                         <environment>
>                                                                                 <os>win32</os>
>                                                                                 <ws>win32</ws>
>                                                                                 <arch>x86_64</arch>
>                                                                         </environment>
>                                                                         <environment>
>                                                                                 <os>win32</os>
>                                                                                 <ws>win32</ws>
>                                                                                 <arch>x86</arch>
>                                                                         </environment>
>                                                                 </environments>
>                                                         </configuration>
>                                                 </plugin>
>                                         </plugins>
>                                 </pluginManagement>
>                         </build>
>                 </profile>

There exist several such profiles. If you activate multiple of them, the
magic combine.children="append" attribute makes sure that the
<environments> are merged into a single list.

Hope that helps.

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH