Re: [cbi-dev] Migration build config to Git setup

I think it is hard for us on this list to help, since none of us know what "projectrelengroot" is. It sort of sounds like part of a "custom build"? Or ... is it part of a Buckminster build setup? Or ... I guess from your log, maybe part of the old "dash" build setup? Have you tried just leaving it out? I think if you tell Hudson to get (clone) your repo to "build", then it (Hudson) would get all your projects and put them under "build" (which looks like it may be happening already).

I think instead of trying to "duplicate your old build", with only difference being git vs. cvs won't work. You'll have to change the way your build it done, also. And, using "maps" with Git will be very hard, because with Git, you check out a "version of a repository" ... not a "version of a project". I know for a while (a few years ago) we in the platform were doing something similar, and still using maps, but required us to get/clone a whole repo, and then make a copy of each project to another location, based on the map tag ... overall pretty complicated.

Hope this helps a little.

From:        Christian Krause <henshin.ck@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        07/14/2014 01:20 PM
Subject:        [cbi-dev] Migration build config to Git setup
Sent by:        cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
we recently migrated to Git and now we are having trouble getting our build working again. We used to keep our sources in a SVN. In our build configuration the PROJRELENGROOT parameter was pointing to this SVN (via a http-URI). Now we moved to a Git repo and I don't know how to set the PROJRELENGROOT parameter anymore. The build script tries to check out sources using CVS which of course makes no sense. You can see the output here:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi_henshin_nightly/775/console

Does anybody know how to correctly pass the PROJRELENGROOT when using a Git repo to host the releng root?

Best regards,
Christian