From: cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thanh Ha
Sent: 16 July 2014 3:03 PM
To: cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cbi-dev] Building platform maintenance branches in offline mode

Hi Phil,

I actually ran into exactly this problem before too and was able to
perform an offline mode. It turns out for R4_2_mainteannce and
R4_3_maintenance you need more than just the maven local repo. You also
need the tmpdir data.

What I would do is run a build without offline and pass a parameter:

     -Djava.io.tmpdir=/path/to/some/tmpdir

Then save BOTH your maven local repo and tmpdir and when running an
offline mode make sure to pass the path for both of them.

I cannot remember exactly but I believe Tycho requires some metadata
that is stored in tmpdir mode in order to resolve dependencies. If you
can do it with R4_4_maintenance it is likely fixed in a newer Tycho
version but I haven't tried doing offline mode past R4_3_maintenance
branch yet.

Hope this helps,

Thanh