[cbi-dev] Can i use mvn clean compile instead of mvn clean verify?

Hi all.

I am developing a research project concerning software metrics in Java projects. Currently, I need to execute some metric tools (e.g. ckjm, pmd and many others) on the Eclipse project. I am trying to use ckjm-maven-plugin (http://mojo.codehaus.org/ckjm-maven-plugin/) along with CBI Maven to compile Eclipse and then generate metrics with ckjm.

The goal ckjm:ckjm executes Ckjm against the compiled classes in the project. It invokes the execution of the lifecycle phase compile prior to executing itself.

Instead of execute mvn clean verify according to the the instructions at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Platform_Buildand run the build from the aggregator root (at master), I would like to use mvn clean compile. Since compile is sufficient for ckjm-maven-plugin, I didn't to wait for a long time for the execution of verify

Then, when I execute the commands of scripts/build.sh, only changing verify for compile, the first 29 plugins are compiled OK, but the org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86 failed.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.eclipse.swt:org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86:eclipse-plugin:3.103.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.eclipse.swt:org.eclipse.swt:jar:3.103.0-SNAPSHOT in https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/eclipse/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of eclipse-hosted has elapsed or updates are forced.

Is it possible to run the build from the aggregator root using mvn clean compile?

My configuration is this.

Apache Maven 3.2.1 (ea8b2b07643dbb1b84b6d16e1f08391b666bc1e9; 2014-02-14T15:37:52-03:00)
Maven home: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-maven-3.2.1
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_55\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Thanks in advance,
--
Glauber Fererira

Back to the top