Re: [cbi-dev] Running CBI build with tests

On 04/05/2012 04:18 PM, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
I think Platform team first needs to decide if they want to run unit
tests as part of the build or defer all tests to integration tests. I
believe current build tests everything at the end.
Both are totally compatible.
By default Platform build uses skipTests=true and/or maven.test.skip=true (in parent pom). So even if bundles get configured correctly to use surefire, nothing will run by default (skipTests/maven.test.skip needs to be overriden), and if tests are enabled by default, the output would be the same and running integration tests after build would still work.
IMO, there is no reason at all for not allow to run Platform tests with tycho-surefire-plugin, and as "mvn clean verify" is much easier than the current approach, allowing surefire to run tests is a way to reduce the entry barrier for contribution.
It also seems to be a mandatory step if we want to set up Hudson jobs that validate Gerrit patches when submitted.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top