[cbi-dev] Fwd: 4.2.2 build now fails

For information:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: [cbi-dev] 4.2.2 build now fails
To: Common-build Developers discussion <cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM, David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In our PDE builds we have a way to explicitly skip conditioning (and signing) bundles that have already been signed, such as from Orbit because in the 4.2.2. build that version of ICU4J is a "prebuilt" bundle, and while we signed it, in Orbit, it can not be packed or it will be corrupt the signing. (In the 4.3 builds, for ICU4J, that bundle is not "prebuilt" so we do condition and sign it and (in theory) it could probably survive be re-signed).

Thanks David,

I think this is related to recent fixes in tycho, where source features are now generated even if there is no sourceFeatureTemplate (it used to be skipped).  Now some of the releng features (master-ecf and the icu-base feature) are trying to generate source features, and they should not.  I removed the source feature generation from the icu-base feature and was able to progress (until I hit master-ecf, that's next on my list :-)

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR