Re: [cbi-dev] Proposal to tweak the platform build instructions

Not completely related to making the build instructions easier but I had some other ideas to save build time this morning that I thought I'd share. A significant amount of time spent by the build today is due to building all the architectures as well as copying and mirroring bundles into various maven repositories inside the target directories of each module.

1. Make building the module eclipse.platform.repository enabled via a profile

    I don't believe most users would need this repository unless they plan on running the junit tests on their own.

2. tychoeclipsebuilder should only build what most users probably want sdk (depends on rcp.config too)

    All the other modules could be enabled via a profile (maybe use the same profile as in 1?)

3. Only build for win32, linux, and mac by default

    Again a profile (same as 1?) could be used to activate the other platforms but by default users can build the main 3. I know there was discussion about building only for the users own machine but I believe there are a few fragments that are required at the moment that would fail the build if we don't build them.

Thanh